Regions are as follows:
While this new order is similar to the March order, there are some variations as noted below.
- Californians may access critical services and outdoor activities.
- The following sectors must close: indoor and outdoor playgrounds; indoor recreational facilities; hair salons and barbershops; personal care services; museums, zoos, and aquariums; movie theaters; wineries; bars, breweries, and distilleries; family entertainment centers; cardrooms and satellite wagering; casinos; limited services; live audience sports; amusement parks.
The following sectors will have additional modifications:
- Outdoor Recreational Facilities: Outdoor operation only without food, drink, or alcohol sales. Overnight stays at campgrounds are prohibited.
- Retail: Indoor operation at 20 percent capacity with entrance metering and no eating and drinking in stores. Special hours must be instituted for seniors and others with chronic conditions or compromised immune systems.
- Shopping Centers: Indoor operation at 20 percent capacity with entrance metering and no eating or drinking in stores. Special hours must be instituted for seniors and others with chronic conditions or compromised immune systems.
- Hotels and Lodging: Allow to open for critical infrastructure support only.
- Restaurants: Allow only for take-out or pick-up.
- Offices: Remote work only, except for critical infrastructure sectors where remote work is not possible.
- Places of Worship: Outdoor services only.
- Entertainment Production, including Professional Sports: Operation without live audiences. Additionally, testing protocol and “bubbles” are highly encouraged.
The following sectors can remain open when a remote option is not possible with appropriate infectious disease prevention measures, including 100 percent masking and physical distancing:
- Critical infrastructure
- Schools that are already open for in-person learning
- Non-urgent medical and dental care
- Childcare and pre-K
For more information, click here to visit the state’s COVID-19 website.