The STAR program stands for Safety Training Awards Recognition. The event is for qualified painting Union members and their 1 guest.
Date: October 31, 2021
Time: Doors open at 10:30am
Lunch: 11am – 1pm
1st Raffle starts at 1pm
Santa Anita Racetrack (Enter through Gate 6)
285 W Huntington Dr
Arcadia, CA 91754
1. Must be a current member for at least 1yr and be in good standing status of the Painters Local Unions : 1036, 52 or 1399
2. Worked 900 hours within August 2020 through September 2021
3. Must complete required STAR sponsored courses between (August 2020-September 2021) and have minimum the BRONZE entry level to participate.
4. Only Online OSHA 10 accepted is the FTi International
5. Apprentices must be current and be attending their current semester
6. Full time employees of DC36, Apprenticeship Staff, IUPAT and contract management are not eligible to win.
ALL QUALIFIED MEMBERS MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN.
All qualifications must be completed & verified by September 30, 2021
To Register for Safety Classes contact Herman Gudiel (Paint & Drywall Apprenticeship) 323-727-2811
For program eligibility, contact Nancy De La Riva (Local Union 1036) 626-296-8054
The 3 Required Training Levels are:
Gold = Wall Covering 8hrs OR Mobile Elevating Working Platforms (MEWP) 8hrs training PLUS ALL SILVER & BRONZE REQUIREMENTS
Silver = OSHA 10(Certified on or after 2017) Renovation Repair & Paint (RRP) OR Refinery Safety Overview (RSO) OR 8hr Lead Refresher, Confined Space OR Globally Harmonized System (GHS) PLUS BRONZE REQUIREMENTS
Bronze = Scaffold, Fall Protection, Respirator, First Aid, CPR
*All Apprentices with SILVER qualifications qualify for (4) Grand Prize $10,000 Raffles
*Everyone with OSHA 30 (Certified on or after 2017) and that BRONZE Qualifications qualify for (2) $5,000 Raffles
* ALL UNION MEMBERS WHO QUALIFY FOR THE STAR PROGRAM AND ARE IN ATTENDANCE WILL RECEIVE ONE VOUCHER FOR A PAIR OF RED WING BOOTS
FOR ALL QUALIFIED GOLD LEVEL JOURNEYMAN PAINTERS
* (4) 2021 Chevy Colorado Trucks
* (2) 2021 Chevy Silverado Trucks